Magdalena
Natives or not, whatever. I just need to practice English

Hi there! Are there any people who have to practice spoken English but they have no partners? The point is: this site doesn't helped me yet. And how about you? Have you really found nice and serious guys (not only pervs) who cooperate with you? And the second thought: does displaying attractiveness helps in finding normal people? Looking forward for your feedback :)

Jul 5, 2015 6:59 PM
Comments · 24

There are a lot of good comments here but in my opinion the problem is much bigger. To me, it seems ever since the internet became available, the world has opened up a lot of opportunity to learn about other countries, their language, culture, history etc.  However, too many don't interact face to face nowadays as before anymore. Lying has almost become an accepted way of life on the internet for some. That's big problem because it removes the ethical morals people should have for each other. Face it, it's so easy to create a false image of yourself to deceive people or, in the discussion here, act like a pervert. When I first came to itaki, I met someone here like that and immediately scolded them for how they were acting and told them I was going to report them, hey why not!  I'm here to learn and share not act like an immature idiot whose only purpose is to play games or whatever.  There's no fool proof method to finding a good partner unless you find a compentent teacher here. But do what you can to let these perverts know right up front that their behavior is unacceptable but people don't do that.  Most just block or delete them and that stems from the problem of lack of actual contact with real people.  I would advise to first message each other and find out more about each other's goals or reasons for learning, in other words don't just accept what everyone writes in their short introduction get to know the person a little beforehand.  As far as being attractive, that's just ridiculous and should not even be considered when searching for a language partner but that goes along with the major problem of this being the internet and the way social media is effecting some people and it sad.  If your main reason is finding an attractive partner to learn a languge then I think you need to rethink your reasons for learning a new language.   

July 17, 2015

"if you are not attractive, leave this site;" -is excellent and proper comment.

July 5, 2015

Think about it in an economic way. The supply of anglophones is not enough for the demand. What languages can you offer in exchange? Maybe your first language doesn't have a great demand. Do you have another competitive advantage?

I mean, i find that explication more plausible than the theory of perversity. I want to belive that most of the people here just want to practice other languages and don´t really care about appearance.

July 5, 2015

I'm happy to help anyone who wants to work on their english as i'm a native speaker :)

July 19, 2015

You have to be patient to find people who really want to practice a language and aren't just perverts.

July 5, 2015
Show more