Emma Valahu
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : How To Learn And Remember New Words

Discuss the Article : How To Learn And Remember New Words

<a href='/article/481/how-to-learn-and-remember-new-words' target='_blank'>How To Learn And Remember New Words</a>

Do you struggle to learn new words? See how you can easily help yourself remember vocabulary by playing with language. Here are some tips to help you with vocabulary retention!

Jul 6, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 49

Studying vocabulary english everyday is help you to remmember new words. To study words base on your favourite topic. In addition to, using a english-english dictionary look for meaning of new words.

July 6, 2015

Thank you everyone who said positive things about my article. It is great to see people benefitting from it. There are, of course, lots of other ways to learn vocabulary - the important thing is to find a way that works for <em>you</em>. 

Thanks also for your other ideas - I'll look into them. 

Happy learning!

July 20, 2015

You've missed a very important thing: all the phrases you learn should be revised regularly to stay in the active memory. first time revise it right after you learned, second-in a day, third-in three days, then a week and a month later. If you do that, the word will stay confidently.

July 13, 2015

Good way to learn a lot of words and remember them!

:)

July 6, 2015
All mnemonic tricks remind me a story about an old gentleman who tried to recall the name of the restaurant where he and his wife had been last night. So, he asks his friend a leading question about the name of a flower. That pink one, and beautiful, and fragrant , with thorns, you know... Oh, a rose? OK, let it be a rose. And then he addresses  his wife, "Rose, my darling, what was the name of that ruddy restaurant?"
March 9, 2017
Show more