Camilla
Is this a dating site?

I seriously want to learn Mandarin and I am coming across a bunch of perverse men! I never though that I would be going through that here. Can someone actually learn another language with someone getting flirty and rude? Just lets exchange language and move on! Yuck!

Jul 6, 2015 7:53 AM
Comments · 24

Hi Camilla,

I know that the italki admins treat such antisocial behaviour very seriously, so please don't think twice about reporting any members who act in this way. 

You can use this link:

http://support.italki.com/anonymous_requests/new

The page also allows you to attach screenshots of messages and so on. Yes, I realise it seems like a waste of your time because of someone else's idiocy. :(

July 6, 2015

Armando troll power increases daily.  Bad Armondo, bad.

July 7, 2015

Yes, totally true. And, about that message I sent to you, there I just asked you to marry me. What's wrong with that?

July 7, 2015

This is not a dating site, no matter how many people (and AI bots) would wish it to be.

It is entirely possible to learn Mandarin here. I have found both excellent teachers and serious language partners. I have made more progress in 7 months on italki than I had in 10 years.

I suggest you keep trying. 

July 7, 2015

Unfortunately, you will find people like that on every language exchange site. Don't pay them any mind, just block and report them. Many women opt for not adding men to Skype.  Also, check the profile of the people who message you, if they have nothing on their profiles question their real purporses.

July 7, 2015
Show more