mohammad
Hi only girls

Hi all the girls...why do u want to have english practice with just american or english people,for example one of girls level in English is just lower than intermediate, but only want to practice with native people....is it just for english?i dont think so,it is lack of personality that you have....

Jul 6, 2015 5:14 PM
Comments · 7

When someone wants to learn a language, they would seek one of its native speakers so he/she will learn in the right way. Practising a language with someone who is learning it just like you would add to your mistakes and you would never make sure that the one you are practising with would correct you!

I'm not doing any kind of exchange to be honest, yet I always seek corrections to my notebook entries from native speakers, and I feel so weird when a non native speaker gives me one that is full of mistakes! What kind of a good thing is that? I really don't know.

I don't know what the "lack of personality" you're talking about, maybe you're referring to something else that's not clear to me.

July 6, 2015

In English a girl is usually someone who has not yet graduated from the public school system... a child. Boys and girls are words that can be used affectionately with adults or sarcastically. The way you are using it comes across as a bit sarcastic. I thought I should just point that out to you as you might not realize this. These are the kinds of things a native speaker picks up on and can help with. That's why people like native speakers... they can help with subtle things that one really should know. For instance I said to a native speaker of Spanish recently....  instead of Que pasa (what's up? in Spanish): Que pasa contigo? (thinking I was saying what's up with you?). He laughed hard and told me that what I really said was "What's wrong with you?" Another Spanish learner might have made the same embarrassing mistake as I made or not known to correct that because it SEEMS like a logical thing to say... but colloquial it meant something quite different.  

I think you might have meant something besides insulting just about every woman here by saying that we have a lack of personality if we want to speak with native speakers. Perhaps you would like to try that one again in different words so that we could help you to express that better? 

July 6, 2015

I tend to agree with Mumtaz, because I often see learners correcting other people's writing and making mistakes. Of course learners can help each other, but if you want to be sure, you will usually prefer to learn with a Native Speaker or at least a qualified teacher, and not someone at the same level of English as you.

July 6, 2015

I do not think it is just applied for girls. Anyway, acourding to your profile, your English is pretty good so a girls with a level lower than intermediate will not help you ... Why you care so much? If girls want to practice with natives then let it be. After all this is the purpuse of language exchange, isn't it?

July 6, 2015

Thanks Dorothy for you!!!!

I think all of women, are kind of girl.maybe because of my own reasons...

Thanks again.

July 6, 2015
Show more