Yihui
How to make friends with native speakers?

Do you have problems when making friends with native speakers? They normally speak really not that slow and clear. Share the tips with people who have the same ideas.

Jul 6, 2015 8:08 PM
Comments · 6

When you dont' understand, don't be shy to say you didn't get the idea...

Be confident with your language, it couldn't be the best but your are learning and the other person respect that..

Maybe try to be funny, the laught is a good way to break any language distance and get closer to people.

July 7, 2015

Have a common hobby. You can not just expect to make friends so easily with a stranger.

July 6, 2015

to be a heavy person+

July 6, 2015

For me the most important problem is to meet native people. If I met british people, I think I'd make some native friends easily. Speaking with a native person it's more difficult than with Spanish people, but you'll learn more.

I remember last month when I went to a cafeteria for an languages exchange. Finally, the owner of that bar had stopped to do the exchange some months ago (I feel down) but before that, I asked for the exchange to a couple. Casually, they were natives and it was a nice time for me. I enjoyed talking to them, but they were older than me and I didn't want a heavy person :D

July 6, 2015

You can ask people to speak more slowly.

Also good to switch between the two languages you both speak.

And it works better if both of you have similar levels in the second language respectively.

July 6, 2015
Show more