Leyla
Community Tutor
Do you listen more or talk more :))

Good day to everyone, dear friends :)

Last times I dicovered that everybody wants to talk. Nobody wants to listen. I often feel the person with whom I talk ( patients, relatives,collegues and others) just does not let to talk hi hi hi. I paid attention some of them talk about same stories :) Maybe everybody is nervous. 

Before I listened more, now I have not hunt to listen: ) I want to talk too :))))

Sometimes I want to cry: enough, do not talk :))))

So, you, do you listen more or talk more ?

Jul 7, 2015 8:09 AM
Comments · 13

I don't talk! There were many jokes made about this from my family, friends and every person I meet in my daily life; something like I'm being on the "silent mode"; so that made me a listener even when I don't want to. To talk I really need to trust the person first and I only trust one person in my life and talk to, so in 99% of the cases I only listen and I find it amusing how much people love to talk about themselves but I let them, and that made me a confidant to many people for many years.

July 7, 2015

Here's a related saying: You have two ears and one mouth, you should use them in that proportion. (You should listen twice as much as you speak)

Most of the time I listen more I think, but there are times when I just won't shut up.

July 7, 2015

Some people do not like to listen to me but they will remember me when they find I was right anyway.

July 7, 2015

Thank you friends :)  I liked all your comments.

I see, those persons posted comments in my discussion who listens more.

Everytime I listened more, I must listen :)The persons who are talking with me always say I want talk with you.

It is very diffucult to be listener everytime.Sometimes we must talk too.But it is very diffucult to find good listener who can understand you :) 

July 7, 2015

Everything that works well usually works well because there is a balance... you talk and I listen... I talk and you listen.

One problem that often arises (comes up) happens when the listener interrupts the speaker.

This is very frustrating (annoying) for the speaker.

The rule of thumb (general principle / guide) is to respect the other person and do not interrupt them when they are speaking.

Listening is a skill that everyone needs to develop and improve.

Good discussion topic Leyla...

July 7, 2015
Show more