Anastasiya
"tails" of word combinations or phrases stuck in our mind forever

All we're familiar with combination of words which are famous everywhere. Very often they make us think of other countries or even of other people's culture .

So, my proposal - let's recall collocations where we can see "tails" related with a country or a country's part.

For example:
- american dream;
- bavarian beer and etc.

Who can continue?

Jul 7, 2015 10:05 AM
Comments · 11

Of course you knew Anastasiya.  I was kind of telling this to Armando in a way.

July 8, 2015

Karl Franz, I'm russian)) I know when and how exactly I can use that word))
But it was informative to know your point of view. It's always interesting what way other people understand and interpret those things which are ordinary for me/ or us. Yes, the word "блин" is used as informal in daily life.

Thanks

July 8, 2015

I read Armando's response and I was like "What's up with that, he is not trolling ?"

Then I found this 

"yes, блин is a pancake but in russian it also sounds almost like блядь which means a very bad word. And thus блин is used as much more acceptable form of блядь and can be inserted anywhere in the sentence. It will help you show your emotion - surprise, bad mood and lot's of others. It can be translated only if you understand what the quthor is talking about and read from the context about his mood.
But do not use блин often - it's informal and may be used when you are with among good friends otherwise it would mean that your manners are bad and you have bad education degree"

HAHAHAHA

July 8, 2015

Guys, thanks for your participation!
That's so informative.

Armando, if that's not a secret who did you learn it from? Coz' to name your dog as "a pancake" (= блин in russian) is cute))

July 8, 2015

блин.   this word is stuck in my mind and I don't know why. I also called my dog "блин".

July 7, 2015
Show more