Didadi
“爱不将就”,how to translate it into English via a beautiful way

“爱不将就” is a line from a Chinese romantic Tv series called Slient Seperation , which is adapted by the novel of the same name created by a popular Chinese web-writer,Gu Man.Let me explain something about plots.In the time of college, Mosheng Zhao, an outgoing and enthusiastic girl, loved Yichen He at first sight, who is extremely smart and good – looking and whose major is laws, and then she began to pursue him crazily and use her special ways to attract him. Hard work pays off, and they fell love with each other. However, because of various misunderstandings, especially for the relationship between Yichen He and his cousin, Yimei He,who has an affection for Yichen He, Mosheng Zhao followed her father’s arrangement to study aboard . After seven years, Mosheng Zhao came back home and encountered the unforgettable man. In face of a lot of cruel facts that Mosheng Zhao has been married to Hui Ying , an internet tycoon having fascination with Mosheng Zhao ;besides ,the resentment and gratitude in the generation before Mosheng Zhao and Yichen He are quite complicated, Mosheng Zhao and Yichen He are up to test ,deepen the understandings , and finally get married. In this series, Yichen He said that if my lover appears in the world, others are accustomed to accepting people they don’t love, but I can’t. After broadcasting, many fans shortened the line into 4 words”爱不将就”,and I tried to translate it into English through a beautiful and brief way, but maybe I failed, since I just think of this translation, “be serious about love”, not magic at all. Can you do it better than me?

Jul 8, 2015 2:56 AM