Perceval
Ancient places in China

Hello !  I.m looking for ancient places of China as I want to step back to her very first days when Chinese civilization appeared. I.m very fond of China and deeply attached to her PAST. If you know some places, please do not hesitate to inform me. I plan to visit China . Thanks in advance.

Jul 9, 2015 6:19 PM
Comments · 29

Hello friend! I am happy that you love China, me too, it's an amazing country.

You may already known that Beijin, Xi'an, Hang Zhou, Suzhou, an'hui, Guilin are very famous for historic interest and cultural sites. Beside, I would like to recommend Tibet and Yun'nan to you, Tibet is famous for Buddhist culture, many beautiful temples, the natural scenery is also amazing, it's the holy of holies. Yun'nan is very close to Tibet, there are many old villages and many foreign tourist, the city of Dali,Lijiang, and Shangri-La are amazing, additionally, Yunan has 25 minorities, so it a place rich of culture. I've been these two province, I enjoyed it very much, and I am sure you will enjoy as well. 

Welcome to China soon!

PS: Merry Christmas, all the best wishes for you.

December 23, 2015

In 2007 I visited Xi'an, Shaanxi and Lijiang, Yunnan.

I was very impressed with the historical buildings and the rich history of these two cities.

In the future, I hope to visit Suzhou because I have heard that it also has an interesting history.

September 19, 2015

Hi ,I'm in Xi'an.it's an ancient city ,has more than several thousand of years.It was the capital of 13 dynasties.Welcome here 

September 9, 2015

Beijing,北京

Xian,西安

Luoyang,洛阳

Kaifeng,开封

October 30, 2015

I think you can find many ancient places in the Lonely Planet. But my personal suggest is wuyuan婺源 in jianxi provinc, there're many small and old villages in wuyuan, and towns in zhejiang and jiangsu provinc are good choices too. Most of these places have become more business-like, but some don't change too much, for example 庆源,江岭,晓起,汪口,理坑查平坦 in wuyuan婺源, anchang安昌 in 绍兴shaoxing. You'll learn jiangnang culture in small town. I travelled half of China in 2012, you can find some info from my blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_407e0910010180gt.html  Certainly, the blog is writted in Chinese, haha.

September 27, 2015
Show more