Pierre-Alexandre
How to improve your english ?

Nowadays, English is crucial for business. Every companies use english in differents ways : custumers, suplliers, partners....

But english is the native language of only 400 bilions of people, so what is the most efficient tool to learn english ?

In fact, there are many tools, it's depend of the learner.

1) School : At school, we can learn english with qualified teachers. 

2) Go to english-speaking ountry : North America, U.K, India .... In fact, there are english speaking country in each continent ! You can visit, work, be intern in a big firm...The negative poit is cost and you have to be at least intermediaire english to purport work in english country

3) Read books : It's cheap ( especially if you read on the web ^^), you can read when you want but the main problem is you imporve only 1/4 englsih skills ( reading comprehension )

4) Find a language partner : I belive that is the best option ! You can improve your reading, speaking, writting and listening skills !

Jul 10, 2015 8:56 AM
Comments · 4

400 billion? You must be including the entire universe, rather than just this galaxy.

July 10, 2015

When I learn French, I like to sing along to different songs and read the lyrics at the sametime, so I can better understand what I'm singing! This is like reading (in a way) but you get help with prononciation and also it is more fun because you will have a melody to go with the text.

This isn't the best method to learn a language, I agree with you and think a language partner is the best way. But it can be fun to sing along with a song in another language and understand what they are saying!

July 10, 2015

I would do all of the above. A mixed approach works best. Do different things and experiement, find what works for you and keeps you motivated. You'll probably find that this will change over time as you develop as a language learner and speaker of English.

July 12, 2015

Watch a lot of TV shows and movies. It helps a lot with listening comprehension and understanding different accents.

Kids shows usually use simpler dialogue and vocabulary.

July 31, 2015