Bilal Brian
Trouble reading Arabic harakat (short vowels) on a Mac

Hey everyone, 

at times I use al-Jazeera learning to read Arabic articles with short vowels.  I have noticed that the harakat (short vowels) are often incorrect when I use a Mac to read; for example, what should be a fat-ha with a shadda will appear as kasra with a shadda.  If I use a PC to read the articles, the harakat are usually in the correct position. Has anyone else noticed this and if so did you find a solution to this problem?

Jul 14, 2015 1:48 AM
Comments · 7

سَـلَّمَ  =س لْ لَ مَ

shadda means two letters

Mac`s sound maybe make more complicated in your ear

so try seprate two letters لْ لَ  

( little time (time interval

August 2, 2015

do not believe  al jazira tv so much ok

hi, salam, marhaban ,hola,privet, nice smile i would like to know you and speak in English, Arabic ,, french ,, and i can help you good with arabic, french, can you give me your msn and skype to add you speak there. this first lesson Hi! Salam! سلام Good Morning! Sabah el kheer صباح الخير Good Evening! Masaa el kheer مساء الخير Welcome! (To greet someone) Marhaban / mahraba مرحبا ❤

July 30, 2015

Just in reading and Mac OS.

July 15, 2015

I don't have Mac

but this problem happen in reading or writing

and with office programs or in browser or what programs?

July 15, 2015

Thanks for responding to my question,  but I don't think you guys have understood it.  I'm trying to learn new words and the correct pronunciation which is why I need  the short vowels first.  The problem is that when I read using a computer, the vowels aren't in their correct places. 

July 15, 2015
Show more