Wendy
Do you think love is altruistic or selfish?

Some people think that love is selfless, because in the process of love should first consider the feelings of others. Some people think that love is selfish, they think that to love yearning is to satisfy personal desires, love is not for others, but for yourself. So what do you think? Let's talk about it!

Jul 17, 2015 3:46 AM
Comments · 5

It is both!

Selfish love is a little saddistic. Selfless love is a little masochist.

True love is a balance of both qualities.

July 17, 2015

Thank you for your sharing. Well, I think love is selfish. “Selfish” is not a derogatory term in there. When a person falls in love with someone, he/she wants to be the only lover. Others will not be allowed to intervene in their love. In other words, they are not willing to share their lover with others. So this is my opinion.

July 28, 2015

I think there is a HUGE difference between in love and love.
In love (passion): I think it's selfish and a strong desire because you WANT the person, you are jealous, you want to be her/him all day, and you suffer when you are not with her. Scary.
Love: I think this is altruistic, I think about love the people. You don't suffer, you don't feel a desire. It's natural and calm. This is not selfish, because when you love someone, you give. But when you are IN love with someone you want to receive. You want more and more.
When I write about IN love, I think about the burning, crazy love, what pass away after 2-3 years, or less.
This is my opinion.
Anyway, scientist said that love has similar effects on the body and mind as cocaine or speed.
Just check this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3236328.stm
I think this is true. 

July 17, 2015

well I think this:

1) to love somebody first I should to love me, no selfish.

2) love is share all

3) if you love any body say to him/her ...

July 17, 2015

NOTHING is selfless.

we always do something from what we can derive happiness. its primary human response to the outer world. its hard wired, it cant change.

July 17, 2015