Andi
How does everyone cool down in hot weather?

My little apartment is unbearably hot because it doesn't have air conditioning. The temperature every day during summer is 36ºC inside my home, and a little bit hotter outside. 

I have a large fan to move the air around, I drink lots of chilled water, and I have ice cream in the freezer. Yet, I still can't cool down. 

How do you cool down in summer?

Jul 19, 2015 5:20 PM
Comments · 24

I'm going to tell you something funny but it really works for me when temperatures reach 40C here (,")

I have to say first that 36C inside your home is too much!! I wonder how hot it's outside then!

Ok Andi, if you have something that you can put cold water in with a piece of ice and then put your feet in and just relax, you're going to feel even cold in less than an hour, because it all depends on the feet, if they get cold, your whole body will feel cool :) 

July 19, 2015

Old people use a very tough theory in some Arabian countries. They drink boiled tea in summer o.0.. AND they have a good reason for it. When I asked about this, they say they want to make the temperature of their bodies higher than the environment and since the heat tranform from high temperature body to the less temperature body, they will start to feel cool down after a while because the heat leave their body. I tried to do it many times and I ended burning my tongue O_o

Can you do it?

July 20, 2015

You could send some heat to Northern Ireland!  Our maximum temperature during the past week has been around 16°C...and the rsin has been endless!

July 19, 2015

put the fan directly towards your neck. People feel comfortable when the air pass around their neck.

July 19, 2015

@comandante, I think the suggestion of burning my tongue is one that I don't favour. I'd much rather use Dorothy's fruit blend, Mumtaz's cold feet bath, or the cold water around my neck :-)

July 20, 2015
Show more