Zeze
How many stages I should pass when i learning japanese?

I m Chinese girl,When i graduation and find a  job which most of my friends thought its a good job ,no tired,no complex,but boring.I want to resign to learn japanese.I plan go abroad next year,but my boyfriend against me.I start to learn japanese now,out campus for too long,My learning ability is falling.who can tell me a good method for leraning? Thank you~

Jul 21, 2015 8:58 AM
Comments · 1

Hey ZeZe ,

If you are still looking for help then I can give you some suggestions.

Since you are a beginner in Japanese then you should start by 

-making sure you know how to read katakana and hiragana. (Kanji shouldn't be a problem since you are Chinese however you should learn to read them the Japanese way using kun and on yomi.)

-then you should build your listening and reading skills. 

A resource you can use to do this is Erin's Challenge videos

-After that beginning phase of learning you can move on to using native materials. Listening to Japanese music, watch Japanese shows and see if you can buy manga with furigana in it.

Watching shows without subtitles would be best. Even if it is just children shows or if you have to use a translated transcript to help you learn what the characters are saying.

-Finally you can either get a tutor here on italki or a language exchange partner and start working on your conversation skills.

Good Luck :)

August 5, 2015