Princess Haak
How do you feel after a long vacation is over?

I had to take a leave from teaching here in Italki since I gave birth in May. I feel awesome to be back though! I am excited to meet new students and see my regular ones again. On that note, was there a time when you had to take a long leave and how did you feel when you got back? 

Jul 23, 2015 6:28 PM
Comments · 10

omg how does that qualify as a vacation? Are we speaking the same language?

August 5, 2015

Hi Princess--glad you're doing well. I think one good thing for you is returning to italki when you came back from the long vacation. Teaching from home via italki (especially good for mothers) is much easier than returning from a trip and going back to the office.  All I know is that when I had to return to an office, I felt awful--like a I needed a vacation after returning from the vacation!

Good luck--Ilene

December 6, 2016

Very bad

July 23, 2015

That is quite promising for me after I have ended a long vacation. But there is one thing that matters that I have to hold longer induction time to fit in with current workplace and its ambience. That is quite annoying at times

August 5, 2015

Congratulations, Mama! My daughter is 2 now, and it was hard to leave teaching for awhile. It was exciting and scary to start again. I still struggle with the home-family-work balance. It's still a new role for me (mother). Good luck and have fun with your new baby!

July 23, 2015
Show more