Meg
DUBLÍN; I need yours opinions

Helloo!!! I want study english this aougust in Dublín

have you been there?

thanks for your time!

Jul 25, 2015 7:21 PM
Comments · 6

I have lived there for 4 years and it is a lovely city, it is quite big but not so big either. It has a river that runs through it called the River Liffey, there is a quaint bridge calle sixpence! There is quite a lot to see in the city and all over Eire. There is a good bus system and trams too. There is always some crac going on in the pubs and clubs. Yes you will find many other Spanish and Portugese speaking people, but if you are determined then you can speak English as there are so many who will speak English either native speakers or non natives. There are many characters there and on the buses! Prepare to hear people sometimes sing on buses, argue or who do not queue for buses or transport! Make sure you always go out at night with someone else and not on your own and avoid pubs in certain areas on match days. People can be friendly as anywhere else in the world, and there are many kinds of events and culture activities

July 26, 2015

I asked this question a few weeks ago and some users told me that there are too many Spanish and Portuguese speakers. So, you are likely to hear more Spanish and Portuguese than English.

July 25, 2015

Hi!! I'm planning travel there this year to learning English, but I'm probably going in winter. You must let me know how is it!

August 1, 2015

I'm from Ireland and live about an hour from Dublin.  It really is a beautiful city with a lot of history, tradition and culture.  It's true that there are lots of Spanish speakers there, but also speakers of many other languages, with English obviously being the main one.

If you go and ensure that you focus on speaking with natives and/or people who speak English as a second language, then you won't have any problem. 

Many people who come here fall in love with Dublin.  The people are friendly and the city isn't too big.  The cost of living is cheaper than in other capital cities such as London and Edinburgh.

From Dublin it's also easy to visit other cities, such as Belfast, Galway, Cork and Limerick.  I would recommend it!

July 25, 2015

I doubt you'd hear more Spanish than English, but it would be really easy to befriend lots of native Spanish-speakers which would reduce the amount of time you spend speaking English.

July 25, 2015
Show more