Bell
What is the most famous food in your country? ^^

Hello! I'm from Vietnam and "Pho" is one of our prides. What about yours? :) 

Also can you share some ingredients of it? It's so cool that our vocabulary about food is broadened! ^^

Jul 26, 2015 5:14 PM
Comments · 16

I live in Iran our ehtnic food is called "Ab-goosht". It is a mixture of water , meat,pease,onion and carrot.It tastes perfect:) 

July 26, 2015

Hello Bell! I'm from Russia and we have really interesting and tasty dishes.One of them is "herring under a fur coat"(in russian it sounds-seledka pod shuboi).It's very tasty dish which consists of potatoes, carrots beets, eggs, herring, onion and huge ammount ofmayonnaise. You just should taste it! 

Another one is a very unusual soup which is called here "okroshka". Now here the summer, so people like to eat it. It's like a cold soup which is consists of kvass and chopped sausage, potatoes,cucumbers, eggs and etc. It depends on you mood what you want to add in your "Okroshka". Maybe you think that "okroshka" is not very very tasty. But trust me! 

The third common dish here is a very russian borsch! People always cook it. It's very delicious and maybe similar with the soup.It includes the meat(lamb, pork or beef) and vegetables(potatoes, onion,verdure,carrot), in addition you add plenty of tomatoes or tomato paste.

And in the end  lovely russian pancakes which is called here "blini". You can make it sweet, putting jam or you can cook them with  the meat. Just put what you like! And then eat it with russian sour cream which is called "smetana" 

Bon appetit ! ^-^

July 26, 2015

Hi...

I am from Iraq and the best and famous food here is (biryani),,

it's delicious

July 28, 2015

Hehe, i know Pho, when i was in Vietnam, I loved eating it, i love the springrolls too. Here in Switzerland, the most famous foods are called Rösti and Raclette :). Google these foods. Swiss Chocolate is very well known in the world too. Or Fondue is also delicious.

July 28, 2015

England´s most famous food undoubtedly has to be fish and chips. From my neck of the woods we eat them with gravy and mushy peas...delicious! Of course we have a great love for Italian food (who doesn´t?!) and also, Indian and Chinese food in the form of takeaways and restaurants. That´s slightly off-topic to the question posed but international cuisine is very welcome in England and extremely commonplace. There really is a lot of great food to enjoy if you ever visit one day :)

July 27, 2015
Show more