Kate
Smile because of being happy or being happy because of smile?

For a long time, I take it for granted that if we feel happy then we smile. That is to say, we are glad so we smile. But few days ago, I read a book in which the author hold that we smile then we are happy. It seems that we smile first then we get the feeling of happiness. 

Then I try this theory. I just sit down and smile though nothing happens. And it seems that I feel a little happy at that moment. Haha, I know I may sound a little silly. But I still want to know your opinions. What do you think? Do you have this kind of feeling? : )

Jul 27, 2015 3:10 AM
Comments · 18

Hi

For me, smiling always make me think in the positive way even I am facing with bad or good situations. Smiling is not only give you a hope but also make others feel more relaxing when they are stress. So, please keep smiling to yourself and others. ????????????

July 27, 2015

Katherine, your topic is pretty good!

In my opinion, we (most people) feel better so that we smile. At the other hand, we smile to show/make us feel better.

July 27, 2015

A smile can be a fake thing, because we are expected to show a smiling face to everyone, whatever our situation might be. If you don't smile, someone is likely to ask 'what's the matter - someone died?'

It's the origin of 'putting a good face on it'; even in your lowest ebb, your darkest hour, you are expected to don the mask of happiness.

July 29, 2015

@Katherine

Hi, have you ever seen a video that a lady who on a train and starts laughing at something in her smart phone , at last the whole train is laughing. ^_^

July 28, 2015

Probably, a attitude to smile more stimulates us to paid more attention to the nice things. As Christina said "If things are bad, we can't be happy" and "we can't force happiness". But we always can make a choice. So, may be not smile itself makes us happy, but other vision.

July 27, 2015
Show more