Appolinaria
EVERYONE, WHO LEARNS RUSSIAN, COME HERE:D

Hi! I'm native Russian speaker and I want to know what difficulties do you have in learning Russian? Of course, it's on of the most difficult languages therefore maybe I can help yoi with your problems, for me it's very interesting:)

Jul 27, 2015 7:32 AM
Comments · 8

Whilst it takes time to learn how to use the various verbs of motion correctly, I can't agree that they are crazy or terrible. In fact they are very expressive and concise in a way that makes English look almost clumsy. Also I don't think we can equate all verbs of motion to just the verb go. We also have, walk, run, fly, swim etc in English.

Time is the biggest problem, if I had enough of it I could solve all the others. If only I could study Russian all day every day.... :)

July 27, 2015

For example, for our word go,  you have ехать, идти, ездить,  и ходит. All of these decline in all kinds of strange ways. Prefixes and suffixes all over the place. In English I only need to indicate that I am going. In Russian I must tell you by what method and if I am making a return trip. To us it is hard to remember and impossible to understand why the person I am talking to needs to know all that information anyway. In the end, in russian there are hundreds of ways to say just a few words of motion in english. 

July 27, 2015

Don't know why the two guys who posted got thumbs down, they were speaking the truth.

In my opinion, 

1 - Number system (terrible, terrible, terrible)

2 - Pronunciation // stress of the word (Once I know how to stress the word, my pronunciation is fine because my native language shares the same sounds with Russian so I have no hard time with it, but it's TERRIBLE to know where to stress the damn word) 

3 - Cases (all of them, especially, genitive plural)

4 - Verbs of motion (what an obsession the Russian language has with movement, many verbs TO GO, crazy) 

5 - Too much exepctions (Everytime that you finally think you mastered an aspect of the language, then you find out that there is one expection :)

But still I love it! 

July 27, 2015

Verbs of motion are murder. I don't think pronounsiation is difficult at all. 

July 27, 2015

I must say that russian is not easy at all. Verbs are not so hard, but declensions and pronunciation are like ex partners (terribly annoying). Another problem, for who wants to be hardcore, is finding clear explanations of the grammar on the web.

July 27, 2015
Show more