SKL
First session with a tutor this morning but I found that I was removed from her Skype contact

I had an hour first session with an English tutor this morning. The session was going smooth, for me. Also, I did leave a good feedback with "good-4" rate. 

I signed in again Skype just now to find a phrase she taught me today, it turns out that she isn't in my contact anymore and her picture turned gray color. I guess she removed me from her contact.

I haven't taken any second session from her yet. Is it too fast to remove me from her contact in 12 hours or in an earlier time? Perhaps she doesn't want to teach me. I told her I need to work on my speaking, writing, pronunciation and grammar, I think these will be normal requests for any foreign learners. But she really hurt me. Sigh.....

Probably I will take a package from her if I don't find a teacher better than her. I plan to try 2 more teachers in next week.

Jul 27, 2015 4:26 PM
Comments · 18

Never assume anything, it could be for any number of reasons.

Just wait a while and send a message

And if it's not positive move on :-)

July 27, 2015

I think 12 or even 48 hours is too early. However, people with many contacts sometimes prefer to clean their lists regularly. Call it a very mild case of ocd.

July 27, 2015

"Hottest" probably he meant "most popular"

Ooops.

July 28, 2015

I agree with Berze and I wouldn't book another session until you have heard from the tutor via italki's messaging system. 

July 27, 2015

there can be so many reasons, why she deleted your contact from her skype. May be she prefers to keep  her skype list short or just have regular contancs visible, or cannot manage computer well, or I don't know what else.. 

If you request more sessions, she might add you again. I don't see that's a problem...Sometimes we can 

forjudge and spend too much time thinking about smth. Which is not at all even true

July 28, 2015
Show more