Rosa
How green do you feel?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm "green" enough. I mean, do I do enough for the planet?

I try to recycle as much as I can, I drink plenty of water (mostly from bottles) this means loads of plastic which could be reused and turn into new products. 

I also try to use the wash-machine during the night as it consumes less than in the daytime and turn the tap off while brushing my teeth. 

When I'll be living on my own I want to have different bins for each rubbish! 

Another good point is trying to buy not imported food, like km0, food which comes from your nearby in order to cut down the shipping costs and promote your native land products. 

Do you have any tips in order to consume less? What do you do for the planet?

:)

Jul 27, 2015 9:01 PM
Comments · 9

hi rosa,

very nice discussion.

general rule that i follow is i try to avoid using anything in excess. before buying something or taking something for me, i ask myself, do i really need this much? because i may be able to pay the bills but the earth may not.

i try to walk when i can afford time. while exercising i use the machines that dont use electricity. i try to use recycled papers, recycled plastics etc.

having said that i feel bad when i see resources getting wasted, like lots of food gets wasted in marriage feast and other occasions. i can not do anything there. [i might not get invited again, lol].

i think everyone has to do his/her part. it matters.

July 28, 2015

I am doing something for the planet. I am not making any kids : )

If the world population keeps increasing we are going to strain our resources to the maximum and disease, hunger, thirst, wars, plagues might follow.

Nothing against kids per se, but truth is truth. The less people, the cleaner, the better this planet will be.

I don't mean killing people but having more than two children is detrimental to the planet earth.

At this rate one child policy, like the one they have in China will be or already is necessary for the entire world.

Poor countries are not only poor but they are having big numbers of children, children that they can't afford to feed.

July 28, 2015

Great discussion :)
Doing little things as recycling correctly and consuming electricity during the night is very useful. Also, switching off totally the electronic gadgets like TV and pc. When these gadgets are in "standby", they always will consume electricity if you don't disconnect them.
Besides, I like consuming green cosmetic products. They have a long life of duration and are manufactured with respectful environment methods. In my humble opinion, you need less products with more effectiveness than conventional ones.

July 28, 2015

@Rosa

Oh, I get it now. It's like paying electricity bills by different peiords. In China, we call it peak-valley electricity (峰谷电). Per eletricity you use during the peak hours, namely, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., cost more expensive than that of the off-peak-hour. Usually, doubles. But, the energy consumed is supposed to be the same, consumers pay less though. :)

Thank you for the link!

July 28, 2015
Show more