Hamza
How to read English? Can someone help me read English? I don't know why, but I feel like it's nearly impossible for me to try and learn the English Language! I've tried using songs, movies and chatting with americans on facebook etc etc, but it doesn't seem to me i can learn english.
Jul 29, 2015 5:57 AM
Comments · 2

Hi Hamza! I agree with Gary - your English is almost perfect!

Just touching on your first question: if you want to focus on reading English try to read some books for young adults or children.

Or you could find an English translation (or original) of a book you have already read in another language.

Or watch the movie first, and then read the book in English.

Also try shorter reading materials, like blogs and articles, so you can feel like you can actually finish them.

I hope that helps! Remember to chose articles and books that you want to read anyway so you won't get bored.

July 29, 2015
Firstly - what you wrote is nearly perfect, so perhaps you are being too hard on yourself?But - personally, I don't think you have chosen very wise methods to learn. In some cultures, songs are clear, but they are often not in English. Words get changed to fit the tune, so they are often not even proper English. On Facebook, people often write in abbreviated, or colloquial language, which again doesn't help. And without knowing who you are talking to - I can't be sure, but some people on Facebook are barely literate, so perhaps are going to make your English worse rather than better. Movies should be a little better, but not always...
July 29, 2015