Maravilloso
To what extent do you love the novel "The Alchemist" ?

To what extent do you love the novel "The Alchemist" ? In which language you've read it ? What can say about it ?

Jul 30, 2015 11:09 AM
Comments · 3

The truth is, I didn't like it and I was really disappointed after I read it. I was expecting something more since it's a famous novel worldwide and I heard a lot about it! I read the translated version to Arabic and I felt as if I was reading a story written for a 10 years old kid.

July 30, 2015

Thank you very much Mumtaz and Wendel Jones. 

In fact, I enjoyed that novel although it was less than my expectations. I expected something more as all the people read about it. I still could not understand why such a book could change people's life. Nevertheless, I really loved the story, the setting, characters, the portrayal of things. I really feld involved in the story.

August 2, 2015

I read it in English and enjoyed it quite a lot even though I do think a few things got lost in translation and the translation itself was sketchy at times. I'm not religious so I had to ignore the preachiness at times but aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not the kind of book I'd typically read which is part of the reason I picked it up in the first place. Paulo Coelho's style of writing was enjoyable and refreshing to me, and I would happily read more of his works. There's a lot of hidden meanings and truths and I found Paulo presented them in a way that kept me interested throughout the story :)

It doesn't necessarily deserve the hype, but that's often the case! People who pay too much attention to hype or enter a new experience with high expectations are going in with the wrong attitude, a topic actually covered in the book.

July 30, 2015