doris
What do you think are good topics for networking?

People talk about personal topics as where they live and their family. Would you discuss these topics with your business colleagues? What do you think are good topics for networking?

Jul 31, 2015 11:29 AM
Comments · 6

Another thing I would add: avoid religion and politics. It's never a good idea to talk about that in the office.

July 31, 2015

I think all sorts of sports might be a metaphor for something. When talking about some players in a game, we can be close to each other and understand different viewpoints on life. All my friends really hate direct accusations (?), but easily accept to discuss particular actions of players or coaching staffs.

August 1, 2015

All companies I've been, I and my colleagues business talk about almost anything.

I think we spend more time with colleagues business than with family so I feel fine discuss personal topics, obviously, everything has its limits and you must know choose the right person to talk. Isn't anybody I'll discuss a personal issues, I know until where I can talk about personal topics with each colleagues business, each one have your limit in interpersonal relationship.

I always had a good experience and I got make many friendships.

July 31, 2015

I have recommendations about suitable discussions topics between business colleagues:

1- Technical topics in relation to the job are acceptable

2- Talking about food, weather & the weekend holidays are acceptable

3- Talking about your coworker interests coud be so effective

4- Never try to talk about basicaly & private topics of people

July 31, 2015

Networking for business purposes should not include personal issues.

I agree with Sina's suggestions.

When I speak to Chinese people I always try to avoid talking about personal things because I don't want to be "bagua - 八卦".... adjective
(of a person or their behavior) showing too much curiosity about other people's affairs.

July 31, 2015
Show more