When does a language partner become a language student?
The point of the story is that I think the main use of italki for everyone is a means of sharing knowledge, rather than making a living. However, I welcome the teaching platform that italki has now set up as a way of dealing with the problem I encountered. If I had the same problem again, I would suggest my 'friend' become my italki student, and I could not only help her to correct the particular documents she was concerned with, but also teach her more about formal business writing and other things she might need in the course of her work.
I'd be very interested to hear about experiences of other teachers that have italki students and what successes or problems they have encountered.
I agree with you, Phil. And I'm sorry you lost out on both counts--as a friend and as having a potential student. Although I just started here on Italki, I'm going to learn from your story and be careful from the start when I get involved in a partnership.
I actually doubt that many partnerships turn into student-teacher relationships. Before I start one, I'm going to try to be clear in my mind as to what I want out of the relationship.
Thanks for sharing your story; it has already helped me.
- Hot Hot Hot!!!...... It's very hot this summer.
- Wanna study abroad to Korean for postgraduate and the major is healthcare management.
- English for Arabic
- if you were one of the person richest of the word what would you do ?
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- world of warcraft
- Cansado del sitio
- My Skype :p
- 永远跨不掉 纪念雅安地震
- PayPal Payment has done but I haven't recieve a ITC