[Deleted]
New Features

Here are some new features that I think would improve our experience on italki.

Edit Corrections

Sometimes we make some mistakes in our corrections or forget about something. It would be nice if we could edit our corrections.

Schedule Notebook Entries

There are people from all over the world on italki; therefore different time zones. If some users could schedule notebook entries I think it would help them get more corrections. I'm sure people from Asia can relate to this.

What do you guys think? Let a comment below if you have suggestions too :)

Jul 31, 2015 10:19 PM
Comments · 7

I think it would be great if we could upload photos. I posted a question the other day that was very hard to describe but I know that if I could have posted a pic of what I am seeing it would have made more sense. There is a FB page I go to for the language I'm studying and whenever I can show them what I am talking about they are fully able to help me and understand what I'm asking.

I also think there should be a section for paying members, or at least active members. This could really help seperate the serious learners from the non serious learners. Might be able to better connect language exchange partners. I've been asked several times by native speakers in the language I'm studying if I want to be partners but none follow through. They either hit me up via message, and then never write back when I respond, or they give me their skype ID but don't ever work out with me a time to talk.

These are suggestions I gave italki during a survey I did for them.

July 31, 2015

It would be nice if there was a onsite chat system with spelling, translation and transliteration options, plus voice recording. Something similar to the HelloTalk app.

It would be good if we good apply filters when searching for language partners, such as "last time online", "activity points", etc. As it is we have to browse through many abandoned profiles.

August 1, 2015

I like iTalki because they have many good things, but sometimes my true intention can be misinterpreted with minor typos. I often leave some mistakes in my writing even after noticing that they will be indeed not good for my readers. One time, I report my own comment to get a permission for deleting one word. (9 letters are not required for my point.) It was still not allowed me to correct it. Maybe it was just a minor thing, but I was not happy, thinking that why I don't have any authorization on my own writing.. So yes, please give me a second chance to express my awareness of some typos :) 

August 1, 2015

Some sort of section on our profiles where people who have skyped with you can leave reviews so others can easily see whether you are a serious learner or not. I know this feature exists for teachers but it would be great to have it for all users.

August 1, 2015

Totally agree too!

July 31, 2015
Show more