Stefanie
Perceptions: right and wrong

I have been thinking about the perception of things, how do we see things the way we do and why. It is something very difficult to understand since I am not a psychologist or anything alike, they may already know the answer to this questions but I am trying to figure that out by myself. The thing is that I have this perception about something that disturbs me, I wonder why do I think and act the way I do and it all goes back to my childhood. A quick example about this is the way I see and get involved into relationships, I get always attracted to men that are, so how, with someone else; married, couples, dating, just breaking up, unfinished business and so on. I know it is wrong and I never try to break anything that's already built but so how I always end up being the other girl and I don't feel completely bad about it so I know something is definitely wrong with me. Now, why do I say that it always goes back to my childhood? Well, my mother has been for several years in this kind of relationships so I believe that this has influenced me to believe that it's okey to do this kind of things and to find love in the wrong places cause I never see that bad thing of it till I am put in a position where I have to choose what's best, not only for me but for the other person too. See, I am the pleaser kind of person and even though that hurts me I jus can't stop being like that. So there you have, my little conclusion about why sometimes people act the way they do and why do they act like that, what have they lived that changed their perception about simple things like, right and wrong. I am still trying to find the way out of this toxic cycles and I would like you to know that there is people out there having the same problems. To finish, I would like to end with something that a dear friend once told me:<em> "Don't hate the player, hate the game".</em>
I would like to know what do you think about this?

Aug 1, 2015 3:00 AM
Comments · 1

They say "All's fair in love and war."

James Bond has a similar problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKfMqwSMI4U

August 1, 2015