shiny royal
half life, half life 2, episode 1, episode 2.

this is not probably the best platform to talk about computer games but i have played half life like 10 times. i am so in love with this game that i want to express it everywhere. lol

this is the one game if you are allowed to play only one game in your lifetime.

so has anybody here played half life? what do you think about it?

Aug 1, 2015 4:50 AM
Comments · 7

Alex is right, Half Life sure is benchmark. Been a while since I played it.

By the way, I became fluent in english just playing videogames (specially classic pc adventures from sierra and lucasarts), so in the end this is absolutely on topic for italki :D

August 3, 2015

I played it before i didn't like it bad graphic you should try this one  "medal of honor"

August 3, 2015

As an avid PC gamer who booted up in MSDOS back in the day, I can tell you that Half Life is still the benchmark by which all others are judged when it comes to a singleplayer first person shooter. To date, none have really ever surpassed it with regards to writing and mechanics. None have been so immersed in a role, despite how vague it may have all seemed. It was certainly a huge leap back in the day, when there wasn't really much to compete with.

I was one to enjoy the twitch-based shooters like Quake and Unreal, as their multiplayer components made things fun and challenging. They just didn't put forth the effort to try and make a singleplayer title, and by the time Quake 3 rolled around, they didn't even bother including it.

August 3, 2015

Enjoy that, quite good game that is!

August 3, 2015

hi karl, you should definitely try half life. i can guarantee you will have an awesome experience. this was the only game which was able to give me motion sickness!

hi dave, so glad to find a fellow half life fan.

August 2, 2015
Show more