GMC
News on facebook.

Do you think that all news appearing in Facebook are true? How do you distinguish the good ones? Which are the most serious news issued in your country found in Facebook?

Aug 2, 2015 6:06 PM
Comments · 8

For me it is clear as a sun! All positive news are good! All negative news are bad!

August 2, 2015

When it comes to any information on the internet of any kind, I follow the basic princple of "Trust nothing and no one." It is the only surefire way to not be influenced by bad information or cause conflict with others who also have bad information.

Much of what is passed along is either easily misread or misinterpreted. Most any news organization follows the principles of sensationalism; rather, get the attention of people, regardless of how false or overblown the information is. This is especially true online, and has brought about the word 'clickbait'.

August 3, 2015

depends! many informations are false. except from newspaper ,tv news.. there was a false information from facebook that  a woman from my city was died by people because everybody saw from facebook who she is kidnepping children and she killed them to black magic. Everybody kill her in a shantytown where she lived and it was discoveried that information was false. don't have children kidnapping.

August 3, 2015

Eva, Camilo, Leigh and Ebony, thanks for your comments!

I'll try to answer you Leigh. Several times I have been confused about news on Facebook because many of them are being issued on TV after I have read them on the internet so at first I thought that Facebook was the most updated media to keep track (thanks Ebony for that phrasal verb). but after a while I realised that many of them were just rubbish. Bad translations also are very common in the news which are written in Spanish so that increases the confusion because sometimes they have no sense at all.

Ebony I've liked your comment very much, this is exactly what facebook is " a social connection website" but many people seem to be following every word facebook says as it was the only truth among the people...

August 3, 2015

Facebook is not the place to keep track of 'news'. Find reputable newspapers and news sources. Facebook is a social connection website. Not a news website, although it can serve to connect you to reputable news sites. 

August 3, 2015
Show more