Bayan S.
Why movies are full of (f-word)?!

I always wonder why does f-word full movies if it's indecency? 

Is it really very bad word?

and is it mean just "that meaning"? or it also mean "damn"?

I used to say it when something annoys me because it translate in our T.V.s "damn"

should I stop saying it?!

and how can I express anger?

Aug 3, 2015 4:36 AM
Comments · 26

The main purpose of the movies is to change people mind and not to represent the reality. It is part of main stream brainwashing process. Good ideas doesn't need F*words to make it attractive to mind. The angure is exception in our life. Why they make it like people angury always? One more thing, people create many words for the thing they most love so I find it very strange about the big number of F words people used now!! O_o

August 3, 2015

Don't use the word. American movies are full of that word because most US screenwriters no longer have any imagination and are just producing junk. Scarface was a US film that was just unwatchable because of the language being used. What is portrayed in US films is not the reality that you will find in practice so don't emulate what you see on film. Americans in person tend to be very polite and well spoken.

August 3, 2015

Kelly is quite right to say that swearing does not mean that you are a bad person, and that swear words are not 'bad' words when used to say something positive, but wrong when she says that they help you express yourself better.  'Damn' is a perfectly adequate word for purposes of emphasis.

My advice to all who are not native speakers is to avoid using 'bad language' : it does not sound right when used by someone for whom English is not their native tongue.  The social rules [etiquette] of swearing are generally well-understood by native speakers, but they may not be as clear for others, and there is a risk that they will use inappropriate language, who may find themselves in a situation which could be embarrassing.

I understand the temptation to sound sophisticated by using these words and expressions, and I feel this same urge, but I would advise everyone to resist it unless they are very confident that what they are saying is appropriate.  Returning to what Kelly said, it's not that people will think badly about you because the words themselves are 'bad', but they may well question your sense of social discretion if you get it wrong.

August 3, 2015

Ebony, it is your business, dear, speak these words , if you want. I just wrote my opinion. And I think everybody must respect others opinions. I think in this way. And I do not think I am a norrow mind person. I just do not like to use words.

I am doctor.And I advise who wants to listen me : Try do not use these words. 

August 3, 2015

American movies use this word because everyday american people, and other people that speak the English language use this word in natural language. I am Australian, I have a very professional job and I would never use this word in the office. I do however use this word in everyday language in social settings and it is not seen as 'bad'. Spangola is right, wait for other people to say it before you say it first. Leyla is wrong, people that use this word DO NOT 'look at those pictures' or think about 'that'. That is a very narrow minded view. Where I come from, it is natural language we use in a social setting and there is nothing wrong with it.
And Adrian is right, if you are not sure when/how to say it, dont because it could come across negative. It does not mean that people who use this word are bad or negative. Thats my 'f'ing opinion.

August 3, 2015
Show more