J. M
Is it hard to balance work and language learning? One of my friends hates to learn a new language so slowly. She said it is so hard to learn a language at night without the speaking environment or someone to spesk to after a long daytime work. What do you think?
Aug 3, 2015 5:34 AM
Comments · 4

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

Learning new language, it's not like something you can achieve in one night. I learned English since I was in Junior High School. I used to got a good score, and my friend usually asked me to teach them. But when I got older, I had to speak to native speaker, I became speechless and didn't know how to speak it out. It's weird but it happened.

Now I'm learning English everyday. When I do my daily activities, I will think how to say that in English. If I didn't know, I searched in dictionary. Nowadays, technology is improving. You can use it to learn your second language with your own best way. 

Good luck and never easily give up. :)

August 3, 2015

I don't think time is the problem. It's much more about a discipline problem. Who has the discipline to study smart, constantly and with the right method, do it besides work, study, illness, children or whatever reason.

August 6, 2015

I am afraid to say that your friend is virtually right as far as my knowledge can reach.

Here is the thing: Time is the most critical enemy to learn a language. In other words, to learn a langague well requires plenty of time and effort to acchieve unless you are a marvelous prodigy well yet I guess most of the people are not. Many people here want to have good commend of English since they determined to raily their awkward English but the matter of the fact is most people cannot afford not because they are not intelligent but rather they do not have enough time to overcome numerous problems while learning a new language.

Believe me the citation below does not fit everyone:

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

I would be pleased to share another citation:

"You cannot get anything else without releasing something from your hands"

good luck to everyone who wishes to polish his second language.

August 6, 2015

I like the quotation by @Lea! "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

Learning languages requires patience and strong motivation. Not being able to live in an English environment, I do have to make more effort to learn English. I can't have all of my questions solved before I came here. Because some similar expressions are hard for Chinese English teachers to explain. Now I'm really grateful for all the help I got here. Italks re-inspires me to learn languages passionately. 

I'd like to talk about my experience of learning Japanese. I started to learn it, because I think Japanese are so polite and gentle and the pronounciation and spelling of Japanese are cute!! Also, I like Japan-made stuff and Japanese education of kids. In brief, I like part of their culture. So I'm learning Japanese by myself. It's hard to balance learning a language and working for which we're tired after a long-day work..And for beginners, learning is quite discouraging. We seem to understand nothing and make mistakes all the time.

But I belive in time which will prove my effort in the end. And I get excited everytime I image myself speaking Japanese fluently with the local when I travel there. How awesome! LOL

August 3, 2015