Miki
colleges at work - bad atmospehre

hey guys,

did you experienced mad colleges how always spread gossip and are trying to put others down? how do you react to this people ?

i hate this kind of people so much. they behavior just tells that they are missing something in they life.... its kinda unsetisfaction because satisfied people are willing to help others and think in a positiv way... what do you think?

Aug 4, 2015 9:29 PM
Comments · 11

I think you meant to write "Have you ever experienced angry colleagues who..."

Or, perhaps you meant "mad," but the primary meaning of that word is "crazy." The ängry"definition is secondary for the word "mad." To say that someone is angry, it's safer to use the word "angry" instead of "mad" unless the context makes the meaning clear.

The word "colleges" means universities (in the US).

August 4, 2015

The only thing you can do in these cases is to focus on your work, and the tasks that you need done, and completely ignore these people. How easy this is, does depend on the type of job you have to do. Anyway, not much you can do about the situation you describe. Be professional, focus on your job and ignore what they say. If you need to work with them just focus on the professional part of the relationship, and avoid all sort of small talk on a personal level.
In addition, although in theory people and companies advertise teamwork mentality, in reality there is a lot of competition going on even within people that belong in the same team. In our world of selfishness, there is no selflessness at work.
I could tell you to set a good example and be the one that helps etc, but that does not work with people like that. They will never change, and you will never be a person they look up to.
Do not change to the worse because of them.

August 4, 2015

I believe we should act in a way to be compatible with them & make them change gradually, if they didn't change so it is enough for them to be ignored

August 21, 2015

I corrected your paragraph:

''hey guys,

Have you ever experienced mad colleges who always spread gossip and are trying to put others down? how do you react to these people ?

I hate such thsese people so much. Their behavior just tells that they are missing something in their life.... its kinda unsetisfaction because satisfied people are willing to help others and think in a positive way... what do you think?''

August 21, 2015

This is a problem but don't avoid them completely. We learn a lot from informal conversation at work.

Unfortunately a lot of people complain about the atmosphere at work not the work.

August 5, 2015
Show more