Joppe
Writing English and Arabic in the same sentence on italki

Hi,

I'm having huge problems when I'm writing Arabic in English in the same sentence. This completly ruins the sentence when it's published. Any tips?

Also: How do I delete and edit my comments on notebook entries? 

Aug 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Comments · 6

Salam Joppe, 

I agree that writing Arabic and English in the same space is not a good idea especially in comments made on entries and their corrections, so I'm going to advise you same I advised other Arabic learners always, to write their entries totally in Arabic and then put any translation in English in the first comment you write on that entry.

You can delete your whole entry, but as Comendante said you can't edit a comment; this is actually one of the features that we always ask italki to add for us!

@Oli: I agree; Arabic script is small and I suffer the same when reading, but when enlarging my screen, this problem is fixed, so I hope you try it.

August 7, 2015

You mean because of how English goes left to right and Arabic right to left?  I know what you mean.  By far the best work-around is to just hit carriage return and go down to the next line when you're switching from one to the other.

To be honest my big issue on iTalki is that arabic script is so minutely small compared to Latin alphabet!  Very difficult to read.

August 7, 2015

You can write first line Arabic and the second the English. I noticed Arabic written is too small. I hope I got your point. =)

August 7, 2015

hi 

you can write the different langauage words in any sentence  between parentheses () or double quotes " " that's would be better and clearer for readers.

October 4, 2015

you're right there's problem with italki if you mix latin alphabet and arabic alphabet. I write my sentance on google or somewhere else and i copy and paste it on italki . 

August 27, 2015
Show more