Hudson
First notebook entry: Introducing myself It says to write in Hmong, but I know very little. I apologize! But that's why I'm here. Nyob zoo. Kuv hu ua Chelsea. Kuv paub lub Askiv.
1

First notebook entry: Introducing myself

It says to write in Hmong, but I know very little. I apologize! But that's why I'm here.

Nyob zoo. Kuv hu ua Chelsea. Kuv paub lu(s)b Askiv Aaskiv/Meskas.

"Kuv paub lub askiv" Chong already corrected the classifier you used for askiv but I just would like to voice my opinion that askiv is perfectly fine to use in this case. I personally have never seen aaskiv used before. I usually use miskas/meskas because that's what I hear Hmong people use most often. And I think that askiv refers more towards British English but that's just me. But Hmong people will understand no matter what. And you could even say, "Kuv txawj hais lus miskas xwb" which means I can only speak English.
Hey this is just a suggestion really. It's cool to see other Americans learning Hmong. Where you said your name, "Kuv hu ua Chelsea," it sounds okay but to make it sound more like a native I like to say, "Kuv lub npe hu ua Chelsea." Which means, "My name is called Chelsea."