Creative writing for fun...

Title: The English Books
An elderly gentleman arrived at the hostel the other day with two bags bulging of books. He asked for a girl who had gone to the beach, so he settled in to wait. Two days later, when she arrived, he presented her with the bags. I wish I could say that she recognized him, but this was not the case. She smiled at him, she shook his hand, and then she shook her head. "It´s me!," he cried, in a booming voice, as the Europeans stared. "I´m Joseph, the librarian, who promised you these books dear years ago! Have you forgotten me?” She lightly hugged him, kissed his cheek and then sat cross legged at his feet. She sorted through one hundred books and she laughed with glee and ease. Having forgotten Joseph the tourist meant little to her, what concerned her was Joseph her friend.

Art by Shirley Wilberforce

For Loner...

I intended to clarify, but only made a very slight change.  We´ll let Jeff do what he will with that last line.haha

But to elaborate, it is basically about a tourist that became more than a tourist, to the girl who works at the hostel.  This tourist became a friend. And of course the tourist is North American, unpopular and loud, which is why the Europeans are all staring.

Title: The English Books
    An elderly gentleman arrived at the hostel the other day with two bags bulging of books. He asked for a girl who had gone to the beach, so he settled in to wait. Two days later, when she arrived, he presented her with the bags. I wish I could say that she recognized him, but this was not the case. She smiled at him, she shook his hand, and then she shook her head. "It´s me!," he cried, in a booming voice, as the Europeans stared. "I´m Joseph, the librarian, who promised you these books dear years ago! Have you forgotten me?” She lightly hugged him, kissed his cheek and then sat cross legged at his feet. She sorted through one hundred books and she laughed with glee and ease.  That she´d forgotten Joseph the tourist meant little to her, what concerned her was Joseph her friend.

Art by Shirley Wilberforce