yucham
Kilts My new language partner is a Scot. When I wrote in my email to him that wearing a kimono is too complicated to do it alone, he wrote back to me wearing a kilt is not so complicated as a kimono but still difficult, too. I was surprised because I had thought a kilt is similar to a skirt. I checked it out on the Internet and found out that it is a piece of cloth about 8 meters to 12 meters long. It is similar to a saree. It must be difficult to wear a cloth like a skirt. He says people wear kilts to go to weddings. I think they are men. At Japanese weddings, some women wear kimonos but usually the only man wearing a kimono is the groom.
Feb 16, 2012 11:42 AM

Kilts

My new language partner is a Scot. When I wrote him in my email,  that wearing a kimono is too complicated to do it alone, to he wrote me back that wearing a kilt is not so complicated as a kimono but still difficult, too.
I was surprised, because I had thought a kilt would be similar to a skirt. I checked it out on the Internet and found out that it is a piece of cloth about 8 meters to 12 meters long. It is similar to a saree. It must be difficult to wear a cloth like a skirt.
He says people wear kilts to go to weddings. I think they are men. At Japanese weddings, some women wear kimonos, but usually the only man wearing a kimono is the groom.

English is not my mother tongue, but I think you did very well!

February 19, 2012

Kilts

My new language partner is a Scot. When I wrote in my email to him that wearing a kimono is too complicated to put on alone, he wrote back to me and told me that wearing a kilt is not as complicated as a kimono but still difficult.

I was surprised because I thought a kilt is similar to a skirt. I checked it out on the Internet and found out that it is a piece of cloth about 8 meters to 12 meters long. It is similar to a saree. It must be difficult to wear something like a skirt.
He says people wear kilts when they go to weddings. I think they are men. At Japanese weddings, some women wear kimonos but usually the only man wearing a kimono is the groom.