The Ideal Workplace (proposal)

Nowadays the workplace, together with home, is the location where people spend most of their time. Trying to make the place where people work more welcoming and efficient would be a useful choice not only for employees, but also for businesses. In fact, as several pieces of research on this issue have shown, a good workplace can help to improve productivity considerably. In this proposal, I will describe the ideal workplace according to the results of the research undertaken through a survey and research on the Internet.

Both the research on the Internet and the survey bring out that employees’ greatest concerns are concentration, motivations, rules and office environment.

Most people declared that they are easily distracted by noise, be it other people’s conversation or a mobile going off. Above all, the phone seems to be a particular issue in the workplace.

As for motivation, the survey shows that it is difficult for employees to maintain it if they are not pushed and don’t feel they are part of a tight-knit community.

Finally, as for rules and office environment, it is clear that many can’t stand spending the working day in a dreary cramped office and obeying hard-and-fast rules;

The ideal workplace should have six essential features:

- It should be large, bright and tidy.
- The equipment should be efficient and up-to-date in order to reduce stress at work.
- Each workspace should be provided with soundproofing panels so that employees can concentrate better.
- There should be more frequent, but shorter, breaks.
- There should be ample opportunity to move around and to have drinks and food, not only in designated breaks.
- Companies should offer their staff flexible working hours .

If companies implemented these suggestions, not only would they improve their workplaces, but also make their employees happier and, consequently, have a higher chance of increasing their productivity.

This would be a high standard of English for an English-speaker, so you have absolutely no problems (apart from the strange Italian attachment to colons ;-)

Cheers!

_________________________________________________________________

The Ideal Workplace (proposal)

Nowadays the workplace, together with the home, is the location where people spend most of their time. Trying to make the place where people work more welcoming and efficient would be a useful choice not only for employees, but also for businesses. In fact, as several pieces of research on this issue have shown, a good workplace can help to improve productivity considerably. In this proposal, I will describe the ideal workplace according to the results of the research undertaken through a survey and research on the Internet.

Finally, as for rules and office environment, it is clear that many can’t stand spending the working day in a dreary, cramped office and obeying hard-and-fast rules;

The ideal workplace should have six essential features:. (I know Italians are fond of colons ;-)

- It should be large, bright and tidy.