n_aroma
The most hard-to-pronounce words in English. The most hard-to-pronounce words in English. Now, British researchers made a survey to find out which words in English cause the most trouble. The leader of the list twenty the most difficult to pronounce words is substantive phenomenon. Here is the result of the study – the rating of the most unpronounceable words in English: Phenomenon Anesthetist Remuneration Statistics Ethnicity Philosophical Provocatively Anonymous Thesaurus Aluminum Regularly February Particularly Hereditary Prioritizing Pronunciation Prejudice Facilitate Hospitable Onomatopoeia It turned out that the British often mispronounce the word in which is the letters "m" and "n" next each other (for example, the word autumn and solemn). Also is combination of "t", "s" and "th". At least half of the 3,000 respondents said they frequently correcting people who mispronounce words. In addition, a quarter of respondents believed that it is happens because a lack of education.

The most hard-to-pronounce Hardest Words To Pronounce in English.

Now, British researchers made a survey to find out which what English words in English cause give the most trouble in pronouncing them. The leader of the list twenty the most difficult to pronounce words is substantive hardest one is "phenomenon".

Here is the list with the hardest from the top.  result of the study – the rating of the most unpronounceable words in English:

Phenomenon
Anesthetist                      I have trouble with this one

Remuneration
Statistics
Ethnicity
Philosophical
Provocatively
Anonymous
Thesaurus
Aluminum
Regularly
February
Particularly
Hereditary
Prioritizing
Pronunciation
Prejudice
Facilitate
Hospitable
Onomatopoeia

It turnsed out that the British often mispronounce the a word in which is the letters "m" and "n" are next each other (for example, the word autumn and solemn). Also is combination of "t", "s" and "th". At least half of the 3,000 respondents said they frequently corrected mispronunciation of others ing people who mispronounce words. In addition, a quarter of respondents believed that it this is happens because a of the lack of education.

I agree with the lack of education part. How about mnemonics? I can't believe it.  Maybe the survey was flawed by sampling the wrong parts of the population.  I am sure that all these words would be pronounced correctly without difficulty at Eaton.

If general English words are hard to pronounce, then there are places in England which have absolutely mind-bogglingly confusing pronunciations. Here's three some of the most confusing: Cholmondeley, Featherstonhaugh, Trottiscliffe Anyone who did not know how to pronounce these, would most likely say: "chol-mon-di-lee", "feth-uh-stohn-howg", and "trot-is-clif". However, they are, VERY unusually pronounced "chum-lee", "fan-shaw", and "troz-lee" Even to a perfect English speaker, these would be extremely hard to remember.
June 29, 2013
They are actually quite easy. I only had troubles with "onomatopoeia". There must be more difficult ones. Like, I couldn't pronounce "schizophrenia" but now I am used to it.
Actually they are quite easy to pronounce if you break them up into syallbles. Phenonmenon = "fur non me non". The more difficult ones are accepted foreign words. For example, "ingenue". It should be prounounces something like "on zhu neu" and not "engine new" like some Americans! Correct pronunciation: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ing%C3%A9nue Incorrect: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ingenue AND THIS COMES FROM THE MERRIAM DICTIONARY!
Jeff :))... still they thinking different :) Anyway, I'n not native English speaker and I have difficulties to pronounce it :))