First notebook entry: Introducing myself

I want to learn Norwegian because I want to go to Norway someday,and if I have some knowledge of Norwegian I won't have much trouble in communicating with them.I really want to experience the culture and lifestyle there.

I want to learn Norwegian because I want to go to Norway someday, and if I have some knowledge of Norwegian, I won't have much trouble in communicating with them. I really want to experience the culture and lifestyle there.

[Very good English.  I learned Swedish a long time ago because I was there on a job for a few months and I wanted to occupy my mind.  Swedish is very much like Norwegian and I found I could make myself understood in both countries.  Swedish/Norwegian uses many German-like words with an English grammar.  It is spoken in the front of the mouth, while German is more in the back of the throat.  Both Swedish and Norwegian, when spoken, sound a little like an Englishman trying to speak German while he's drunk.  I liked it there a lot, outside of the bitterly cold winters. One thing, though - almost all Norwegians and Swedes spoke at least some English.  At least that was my experience.]

More notebook entries written in Norwegian