Sustainable development of transport in major cities.

Over the years we could see how much society has developed causing a rise in the amount of cars in the streets of the major cities.

Cars give us flexibility and freedom. Anyone who possesses the car is not dependable of the public transport timetable.
Sometime even when you use a car you can reach certain destinations in a shorter time, where public transport isn't well developed.

But this situationn causes certain drawbacks.
City centers nowadays are polluted and jammed.
In the Past city architects didn't make a plan with automobiles in mind.

How could we deal with this situation?

City Authorities constantly modernize and reorganize intersections and main streets so that they could handle bigger traffic.
But as we know this shouldn't be the only one solution for the longer term.
We have to take a leaf out of e.g. Copenhagen book.
Public transport should be more effective and easier to use.
Authorities should be more foccus on developing better public transport coverage and increase the frequency of time tables.
Also we should place emphasis incourage the public to use a bicycles more often.
What cities need right now are new cycling paths, and places where people could park their bicycles safely.

Over the years we could see how much society has developt causing a rise in the amount of cars in the streets of the major cities.

How could we deal with this situation?