Is it weird for westerners to write love letter to the people you like ?

I was watched a video about volunteer travel and there is a 22years old Chinese girl receive a love letter from a little Indian boy, what he wrote is lovely :"Rose is red, sky is blue, xxx sister, I love U." He was nervous and couldn’t stop laughing.
When I was in Junior school, write love letter to the girl was popular among boys, the first love letter I have ever received, I don’t even know what he wrote inside, because I was nervous and shy to opened it. But currently, there is not much people will write love letter again, some boys even think it is lame. Last time I heard of Mike隋 mentioned of he have ever wrote love letter to the girls he liked when he was live in US, and the girls think he is moron, it sounds like America girls think it is an abnormal thing. I really curious about what you guys think about love letter, especially westerners. Have u ever do this before?
Welcome to correct my mistakes of grammar.

Is it weird for westerners to write love letters to the people they like ?

I was watching a video about traveling volunteers, and there was a 22 year old Chinese girl who received a love letter from a little Indian boy; what he wrote was lovely :"Rose is red, sky is blue, xxx sister, I love U." He was nervous and couldn’t stop laughing.
    When I was in junior school, writing love letters to the girls was popular among boys. The first love letter I had ever received, I don’t even know what was written inside, because I was too nervous and shy to open it. But currently, there are not many people who would write love letters again- some boys even think it's lame. Last time I heard of Mike隋 mention that if he ever wrote love letters to the girls he liked when he was living in the US, and the girls would have thought he was a moron. It sounds like American girls think it's an abnormal thing. I'm really curious to know what you guys think about love letters, especially westerners. Have u ever done this before?
    You are welcome to correct my grammar mistakes. of grammar.