Recent developments

It's been a while since I wrote my last entry. To be sure, there aren't much new and exciting developments for me.My life in general seems to be stuck in a deadlock, no job, not much entertaining activities- except that I spend many hours watching American TV series every day.The good news though, is that I've began to take a hard look at myself--What things am I capable to accomplish,careerwise. I don't know exactly what kind of life I want yet, hopefully I will be able to answer that when I turn 30.

Failure is a good thing, it teaches you great things and mirrors your weaknesses. After several unsuccessful job interviews, I think it's high time that I work really hard on my interview skills.

Two questions I hate being asked about at the interview are" Please introduce yourself" and "Why should I hire you". Well, I'd be more than happy to "market" myself, but I am really bad at it. I can go to great lengths to talk about my weaknesses, but would always be stuttered when asked to give my virtues.

And believe it or not, this is perhaps the stupidest answer I've ever given in a job interview. In one interview last week, the interviewer asked" Why do you want to work for us?" I went: " Because one friend of mine told me you are hiring, that's why I applied for the job".

Yes, they have every reason to give up on me, and I too, have every reason to study some dos and don'ts regarding job interviews.

It's been a while since I wrote my last entry. To be sure, there aren't much many new and exciting developments for me. My life in general seems to be stuck in a deadlock: no job, not much many entertaining activities - except that I spend many hours watching American TV series every day. The good news, though, is that I've begun to take a hard look at myself -- and what things I am capable to of accomplishing, career-wise. I don't know exactly what kind of life I want yet; hopefully I will be able to answer that when I turn 30.

Failure is a good thing; it teaches you great things and mirrors your weaknesses. After several unsuccessful job interviews, I think it's high time that I work really hard on my interview skills.

Two questions I hate being asked about at the interviews are "Please introduce yourself" and "Why should I hire you". Well, I'd be more than happy to "market" myself, but I am really bad at it. I can go to great lengths to talk about my weaknesses, but would I always be stuttered when asked to give my virtues.(*)

And believe it or not, this is perhaps the stupidest answer I've ever given in a job interview. In one interview last week, the interviewer asked, "Why do you want to work for us?" I went: "Because one friend of mine told me you are hiring, that's why I applied for the job".

Yes, they have had every reason to give up on me, and I, too, have every reason to study some dos and don'ts regarding job interviews.

(*) Alternatives: "...but I always get flustered when...", "...but I always falter when..."

To prepare myself for tricky job interview questions, what I usually do is practice answering them in front of a mirror. Also, be sure to check over your resume as well, to see if it can be improved. Good luck, I hope your next interview goes smoothly.

Recent developments

It's been a while since I wrote my last entry. To be sure, there aren't much new and exciting developments for me.My life in general seems to be stuck in a deadlock, no job, not much entertaining activities- except that I spend many hours watching American TV series every day.The good news though, is that I've began to take a hard look at myself--What things am I capable to capable of accomplishing accomplish,careerwise. I don't know exactly what kind of life I want yet, hopefully I will be able to answer that when I turn 30.