Shopping in Walmart

When I after work yesterday afternoon, my boyfriend gave me a call. He asked me to wait at the bus station. His friend and he would drive there to pick me up. Firstly we came to a small resturant serving Wuhan specialties, because the three of us are all from Hubei province. After dinner, we headed over to Walmart streightly. We walked around there and selected the daily commodities we need. At around 9:30, we drived back home. When we arrived home, it was 9:50. I felt so tired and took a shower immediately then went to sleep.

Shopping at  Walmart

After work yesterday afternoon, my boyfriend called me.   He asked me to wait at the bus station.   He and his friend  would drive there to pick me up.   First we wennt  to a small restaurant that serves Wuhan specialties,   as the three of us are from Hubei province.   After dinner,   we headed directly over to Walmart .   We walked around  and picked out the daily things we needed.   At around 9:30, we drove back home.   When we arrived ,   it was 9:50.   I felt so tired and took a shower immediately,   then went to sleep.

Shopping in Walmart

When I after  finished work yesterday afternoon (or you could say "After work yesterday afternoon, )", my boyfriend gave me a call. He asked me to wait at the bus station. His friend and he  He and his friend would drive there to pick me up. Firstly,  we came to a small resturant serving Wuhan specialties, because the three of us are all from Hubei province. After dinner, we headed directly over to Walmart streightly. We walked around there and selected the daily commodities things that we needed. At around 9:30, we drived   drovr back home. When we arrived home, it was 9:50. I felt so tired and took a shower immediately, then went to sleep.

My friend Morpheus, with respect, please note it is a forum for correcting learners' notebooks not for correcting our friends' corrections. 

Dear brandon,

1.I'm not confused between "proper" and "acceptable. The points I mentioned (clearly) were the cases that were perfectly "proper" and originally either better than your choices (like drove back) or equally correct (e.g. Hubei specialities versus Hubei cuisine), or that your option was wrong and the original was correct ( like three of us vs the three of us).

2. Yes it's The United States, but never " The New York State".  There is a huge difference between the two. We either say the state of New York or New York State. You might have confused this with phrases like The New York State Penal Code, where the article is actually for the penal code, not New York.

I think some of my friends are confused between "what is proper" and "what is acceptable". With due respect to Morpheus, it is "the Hubei province" and not "Hubei province". Likewise, it is the Ontario province, the New York state, the United States. The definite article cannot be dispense with!!!!