Some facts about Russian traditions. (Or do you know what).

Do you know that as soon as someone from the Russian has the opportunity to celebrate something, whether a birthday or a promotion, they immediately bring refreshments for all colleagues. It could be candy, cakes and wine. And maybe a full table including salads and hot dishes.
During the winter months people start to move very quickly, because to stand still even for 5 minutes, it's very cold. Standing at the bus stops and waiting for the bus, people usually dance. And no one seems to be fun it.
Russian do not like fake smiles. They do not understand that is not from the heart. If Russian smiles, it is the smile of the soul, or else they do not smile at all. But to cheer them is not difficult.
In Russia, the sushi has become very popular recently. Perhaps there is not even one small town that does not have a sushi bar. But I think the Japanese are very surprised if they saw how big portions we eat them.

Some facts about Russian traditions. (Or Did you know that?).

Did you know that whenever a Russian has an occasion to celebrate something, whether it be a birthday or a promotion, they immediately provide refreshments for all their colleagues. It could be candy, cakes or wine, or perhaps a full spread, including salads and hot dishes.

During the winter months people start to move very quickly, because if they stand still for even 5 minutes, they get very cold. While standing at the bus stops and waiting for the bus, people usually dance, and no one finds that odd or amusing.

Russian do not like fake smiles, because they realize that they're not from the heart. If Russian smiles, it is a smile from the soul, otherwise they do not smile at all. But it's not difficult to get a smile out of them either. 

In Russia, the sushi has become very popular in recent times, and sushi bars can be found even in the most remote towns. But I think the Japanese would be very surprised at the size of the portions we eat them.

Do you know that as soon as someone from the Russian has the opportunity to celebrate something, whether a birthday or a promotion, they immediately bring refreshments for all colleagues? It could be candy, cakes or wine. And maybe even a full table including salads and hot dishes.

During the winter months, people start to move very quickly, because to standing still, even for 5 minutes, is very cold. Standing at the bus stops and waiting for the bus, people usually dance. And no one seems to make fun of it. 

Russians do not like fake smiles. They do not understand that is not from the heart. If a Russian smiles, it is the smile of the soul, or else they do not smile at all. But to cheering them up is not difficult.

In Russia, the sushi has become very popular recently. Perhaps there is not even one small town that does not have a sushi bar. But I think the Japanese would be very surprised if they saw what big portions we eat them.

--------------

Great entry, Antonina! I agree with you about the "fake smiles" part. I noticed that when I was in Russia, and I agree. I appreciate the sincerity of the people in Russia :)