Palestine/Israel

Today, I'll try to practice my English by talking about a "taboo" topic.
Recently, I saw on the news that both Palestine and Israel had bombed each other.
I realized then that since I was a kid, I've been hearing about this problem which persists throughout years.
I will not say that I'm on the side of Palestine or on the side of Israel. But I find it unfair that innocent civilians have to pay for the sins of Hamas. Many children and women die each year in Gaza. It has even become a habit. Nobody these days seems to be shocked by the war there. Killing children has become something "normal" in Palestine. I feel very bad for them especially when I know that I can't do much to help from where I am.
I hope that one day the war will end.

By the way, while I was writing this I remembered a short documentary film that a Norwegian friend has recommended me. It's called "Tears of Gaza" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8g74vJPLT4) The film received some awards. I have really found it "pure" and very touching.

Palestine/Israel

[The story made me realize that I have been hearing about this persistent problem ever since I was a child.]

// The original "I realized then that since ..." sentence is fine but quite awkward.  Here's a smoother version. "Have" is more correct than "had" as you are still hearing about it in the present tense.  I probably would not make the contraction 'I've' when writing this. //

I hope that one day the war will end.

By the way, while I was writing this I remembered a short documentary film that a Norwegian friend has had recommended me. It's called "Tears of Gaza" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8g74vJPLT4) The film received some awards. I have really found it "pure" and very touching.

// I am not sure why another user corrected "Norwegian friend" to "Norwegian friend of mine."  Also, when we say that a friend has recommended something, it's not necessary to state that they recommended it to you.  You can just say, "Here's a film that a friend recommended." Or, "here's a film that a friend recommended to me."

Palestine/Israel

On the news I recently saw that both Palestine and Israel have bombed each other.
    I then realized that since I was a child, I've been hearing about this problem which has persisted, and continues to persist constantly for years.
    I won't say that I'm a supporter of Palestine nor Israel. However, I find it unfair that innocent civilians are attacked through Israels belief of retribution towards Hamas. Many innocent children, elderly, fathers, and mothers die every year in Gaza. Unfortunatelly it's become the norm. Most people seem to be unpassionate towards those suffering in the war . Killing children has become something "normal" in Palestine. I feel very bad for them, especially when I know that I can't do much to help from where I am.
    I hope that one day the war will end.

A Norwegian friend of mine recommended a documentary about the Gaza strip which can be seen on youtube. It's called "Tears of Gaza" and it's received awards. I've really found it accurate and very touching.

Palestine/Israel

Recently, I saw on the news that both Palestine and Israel have bombed each other.
    then realized that since I was a kid, I've been hearing about this problem; it persists throughout years.
    I hope that one day the war will end.

By the way, while I was writing this I remembered a short documentary film that a Norwegian friend has recommended to me. It's called "Tears of Gaza" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8g74vJPLT4) The film received some awards. I have really found it "pure" and very touching.

Palestine/Israel

I will not say that I'm on the side of Palestine nor on the side of Israel. But I find it unfair that innocent civilians have to pay for the sins of Hamas. Many children and women die each year in Gaza. It has even become a habit. Nobody these days seems to be shocked by the war there. Killing children has become something "normal" in Palestine. I feel very bad for them especially when I know that I can't do much to help from where I am.
    I hope that one day the war will end.

Palestine/Israel

I realized then that since I was a kid, I've been hearing about this problem which persisteds throughout the years.
    I hope that one day the war will end.

For someone improving their English, you've expressed your opinion in very well structured sentences.  Bravo!