First notebook entry: Introducing myself

i am learning swahili because all the people i know speak it live in nashville,tn make friends thats from kenya i speak only english and grew up in the united states i love to play soccer and run track and learn new things and dance

I am learning Swahili because all the people I know that speak it live in Nashville, Tn. I want to make friends that are from Kenya. I speak only English and grew up in the United States. I love to play soccer,  run track, learn new things and dance.

Notes:

I am interested in learning Kiswahili as well. It is one of the easier languages to learn for English speakers and has a lot of borrowed words from English, Arabic and Portugese.

My correcting gene is working overtime.

There are a lot of non-English speakers on the site so English speakers writing here need to be examples of the language.

Since you should not publish your email address openly, friend me and I will send you some potential Kiswahili contacts.

Look through my posts and you will find a reference to a site with a Foreign Service language course for Kiswahili.

There are also some Kiswahili TV stations and newspapers online.

Good luck with your studies.

More notebook entries written in Swahili