My English lessons : The Second Amendment

At our last lesson with Edward (he is my English teacher) we talked about guns in the light of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. While preparing for the lesson I found a very interesting article in the New Yorker magazine dedicated to how National Rifle Association transformed into the powerful lobbying group.
Additionally, I collected some statistics on firearm-related mortality rates in America compared to other countries, such as the UK or Ukraine. In fact, firearms-related death rate in the U.S. is 30 times bigger even than in Ukraine! Despite two of three of such deaths are suicides (so the guns is only the way of doing that), one third of firearm-related deaths are homicides, so even taking this into account we end up with 10 times bigger rate of firearm-related deaths in America than in any other developed country.
I also read a very impressive story "I am Adam Lanza's mother" about how it's challenging to look after a mentally ill child, which raised the bunch of problems, especially safety-related ones.
So, my verdict on the Second Amendment is very simple: insane people should be kept away from the guns. But there is an important question that still stays open for me: how to restrict access to firearms without breaking the Second Amendment? One possible answer is to add some regulation on 'militia', which is referenced in the body of amendment. But it's another large topic for a discussion. Stay tuned:)

My English lessons: The Second Amendment

In our last lesson with Edward (he is my English teacher), we talked about guns in the light of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. While preparing for the lesson I found a very interesting article in the New Yorker magazine dedicated to how the National Rifle Association transformed into the powerful lobbying group.
    Additionally, I collected some statistics on firearm-related mortality rates in America compared to other countries, such as the UK or Ukraine. In fact, the firearms-related death rate in the U.S. is 30 times greater than even that in Ukraine! Despite two of three of such deaths being suicides (so the guns is only the way of doing that), one third of firearm-related deaths are homicides, so even taking this into account we end up with 10 times higher rate of firearm-related deaths in America than in any other developed country.
    I also read a very impressive story, "I am Adam Lanza's mother," about how it's challenging to look after a mentally ill child, which raised a bunch of problems, especially safety-related ones.
    So, my verdict on the Second Amendment is very simple: insane people should be kept away from the guns. But there is an important question that still stays open for me: how to restrict access to firearms without breaking the Second Amendment? One possible answer is to add some regulation on "militia," which is referenced in the body of amendment. But it's a large topic for another discussion. Stay tuned.

Your English is excellent, with only a few, minor corrections necessary.

In my last lesson with Edward (he is my English teacher) we talked about guns in the light of (лучше - and their regard to) the Second Amendment to (лучше - of) the United States Constitution. While preparing for the lesson I found a very interesting article in the "New Yorker" magazine dedicated to how the National Rifle Association transformed into the powerful lobbying group. 
    Additionally, I collected some statistics on firearm-related mortality rates in America compared to other countries, such as the UK or Ukraine. In fact, the firearms-related death rate in the U.S. is 30 times bigger even than in Ukraine! Despite that two out of every three of such deaths are suicides (as guns are the primary method of suicide), one third of firearm-related deaths are homicides, so even taking this into account we end up with a 10 times bigger rate of firearm-related deaths in America than in any other developed country. 
    I also read a very impressive story entitled "I am Adam Lanza's mother", which is about how it's challenging to look after a mentally ill child.  This raises a bunch of problems, especially safety-related ones. 
    So, my verdict on the Second Amendment is very simple: insane people should be kept away from the guns. But there is an important question that remains open for me: how to restrict access to firearms without breaking the Second Amendment? One possible answer is to add some regulation on 'militias', which is referenced in the body of the amendment. But it's another large topic for a discussion. Stay tuned:)

Additionally, I collected some statistics on firearm-related mortality rates in America compared to other countries, such as the UK or Ukraine. In fact, firearms-related death rate in the U.S. is 30 times bigger even than in Ukraine! Despite the fact that two of three of such deaths are suicides (so the gun is just the way for the self-killing), one third of firearm-related deaths are homicides, so even taking this into account we end up with 10 times bigger rate of firearm-related deaths in America than in any other developed country.