Translation - FB(facebook) status for TV Brasil

O Sem Censura de hoje recebe a geriatra Cláudia Burlá para discutir uma recente resolução do Conselho Federal de Medicina, sobre o direito de pacientes definirem limites de tratamento na fase terminal. Para complementar a discussão, a advogada Luciana Dadalto fala sobre o testamento vital, onde os médicos devem respeitar o desejo previamente declarado de pacientes em estado terminal. Às 16h (link removed by me).

E você, qual sua opinião sobre o assunto?

The Sem Censura(without censorship) of today receives the geriatrician Claudia Burla for discussing a recent resolution from Federal Council of Medicine, about the right of patients define the limit of patients in the terminal phase. For the complimentary discussion, the advocate Luciana Dadalto speaks about the vital testament where the doctors should respect the desire previously declared of patients in terminal state. ????

And you, what is your opinion about the subject?

I don't know what Às 16h is. I have not been able to find the meaning yet.

Something I noted in this translation is the português ending -ir. I think this ending replaces the English ending -ing in some words. For example:

discutir is português for the English word discussing
dirigir is português for the English word driving

The Sem Censura(without censorship) of today receives the geriatrician Claudia Burla for discussing a recent resolution from Federal Council of Medicine, about the right of patients define the limit of the treatment in the terminal phase. For the complimentary discussion, the lawer Luciana Dadalto speaks about the vital testament where the doctors should respect the desire previously declared of patients in terminal state. ????

Answer: "às 16h" means "On 4 pm"

Actualy, the ending "ir" belongs to the group of three endings that means that the verb is in the infinitive form. It can be understood as the ING on english just when it does'nt mean th present continous. Actions that is happening...

More notebook entries written in Portuguese