翻译练习。英语翻成汉语。六句句子。

1:The problem with the design was it only used one pillar to support the ceiling.City officials thought this was too dangerous.
设计的问题是它只用一根柱子支撑天花板。市政府权威人士觉得这太危险。

2:The dilemma Wren faced was, to either continue sticking to his original idea or going against his own principles. If he continued to stick to his original idea the authorities would certainly find someone else to modify the plans.
来伊恩面临的困境是,他要么继续坚持他原先的主张,要么不符合自己为人的准则。如果他继续坚持他原先的主张,市政官员肯定会另找人修改设计。

3:The clever solution wren came up with was to add another 4 pillars. However, even though these pillars appear to support the ceiling, in reality they do not make contact with the ceiling.
来伊恩想出的妙计是增加了四根柱子。但是,虽然这些珠子看起来支撑天花板,可是其实它们并未与天花板接触。

4:Wren was not honest in the way he handled the problem.
来伊恩不诚实地把这个问题处理了。

5:This secret was discovered a few years before this text was written. It was discovered when the roof was being prepared for restoration.
这篇课文发出之几年前,这个秘密被人发现。秘密是在市政府准备修缮大厅的天花板时而被发现的。

6:I really cant be sure. I think it must have been written for secondary school pupils. Maybe first year secondary school pupils.
我真的不确定。我认为肯定是为高中学生写的。也许高中一年级的学生。

翻译练习。英语翻成汉语。六句子。

设计问题是它只用一根柱子支撑天花板。市政府权威人士(“市政府官员”)觉得这太危险。

伊恩(“莱伊恩”听上去更像个名字)面临的困境/“莱伊恩的困境是”要么继续坚持原先的主张,要么不符合违背自己(人的)准则原则。如果他继续坚持原先的主张,市政官员肯定会另找人修改他的设计。

伊恩想出的妙计是增加四根柱子。(/"莱伊恩想到了一条妙计:.....")但是,虽然这些子看起来支撑天花板,可是其实它们并未与天花板接触。

伊恩把这个问题 不诚实地处理了。 

这篇课文发出之前 几年,这个秘密被人发现。秘密是在市政府准备修缮大厅的天花板时被发现的。 (/“当时市政府准备修缮大厅的天花板”)

我真的不确定。我认为肯定是为高中学生写的。也许是为了高中一年级的学生。

=======

小学的时候听说过这个故事。是真的吗?

More notebook entries written in Chinese (Mandarin)