Learning the Language - Persuasive Writing

Task:
Please write a persuasive paragraph answering the following question:

When people move outside of their native country, is it their duty to learn the language of the new country, even if they can get by without it? Why or why not?

When people go abroad, it is their duty to learn the language of the new country, even if they can get by without it. There are at least two arguments for it.

Firstly, as we know, humans should adapt themselves to environments. For example, when a native Chinese speaker enters Japan, he should learn some basic Japanese in advance in order to adapt to the new environment.

Secondly, if someone speaks the language of the new country, he will show respect to the local residents. For example, many French people are not willing to give an answer when a foreigner visiting France speaks in English to them, as they feel they gain no respect.

In spite of the above arguments, some people whose mother tongue is a world language, for instance English, might think they can get by without learning the language of the new country they are visiting. However, they can not always get by without it, for not all the residents of the new country know the world language or would like to speak it, as the above example illustrates

Task:

When people go abroad, it is their duty to learn the language of their new country, even if they can get by without it. There are at least two arguments for this view it.

Firstly, as we know, people humans should be willing to adapt themselves to new environments. For example, if when a native Chinese speaker plans on going to (or "traveling to" or "moving to") enters Japan, he should learn some basic Japanese in advance in order to better adapt to the new environment. (This argument will be strengthed if you expand on why and how this will allow him/her to better adapt to their new environment. In essays like these, lots of reasons and examples are ideal. I don't feel this argument was sufficiently argued.)

Secondly, if someone speaks the language of the new country, he will be showing respect to the local residents. For example, in France, many French people are not willing to reply to give an answer when a foreigner visiting France that speaks in English to them, as they feel disrespected they gain no respect. (I actually get offended, here in China, when Chinese people don't attempt to speak to me in Chinese (assuming that I don't know anyway). The arrogance of people who are not willing to learn a new language when they visit a country with a different language/culture is beyond me.)

In spite of the above arguments, some people whose mother tongue is considered an international world language, such as for instance English, might think they can get by without learning the language of a the new country they are visiting. However, they cannot always get by without it because it is not guaranteed that for not all the residents of said the new country know their language world language or are willing would like to speak it, as illustrated in the above example. illustrates

Task:

When people go abroad, it is it's their duty responsibility to learn the language of their new country, even if they can get by without it. There are at least two arguments for it. 

Firstly, as we know, humans should naturally [I think it's wrong to say humans "should" adapt] adapt themselves to new environments. For example, when a native Chinese speaker enters travels/goes to [or emigrates to] Japan, he they should learn some basic Japanese in advance in order to more easily adapt to the this new environment.

Secondly, if someone speaks the language of the new country, he will it shows respect to for the local residents. For example, many French people are not unwilling to give an answer in English when a foreigner visiting France speaks in English to them, as they feel they gain no disrespected. [my friends and I friends are ALWAYS talking about this, the French have a reputation, at least in Engalnd, for being rude!] 

In spite of the above arguments, some people whose mother tongue is a world language lingua franca, for instance English, might think they can get by without learning the language of the new country they're visiting. However, as the above example illustrates, often many local residents either cannot speak English to a sufficient level to comunicate effectivly or are unwilling to. Thus, the earnest is on the traveller to learn, at least the basics of, the language spoken in the country they are visiting.  they can not always get by without it, for not all the residents of the new country know the world language or would like to speak it, as the above example illustrates [These sentences were grammatically correct, however they were a little awkward to read]

Hope that helped!